So begins the first part of the conversion process. We had decided to bring the hold height and length back to their original size. Wonderful job by Wilbert and the scheepswerf Het Anker team which entailed removing first the section welded on for the flat aluminium hatch covers, and then removing the middle section whilst keeping everything stable, and of, course, then re-welding everything together. We also removed the Kalffdek to restore the original gangway. Within the hold, we added two five-ton steel water tanks under the foredeck and then created a new watertight bulkhead which could be accessed from the office. Under the would-be office floor we also added a five-ton waste water tank (never put to use). Once that was done, we installed the central support beam and supports for the steel roof to keep the hold area dry.